When it comes to comfort food it’s really hard to beat Osso Buco. Traditionally its made with veal or pork shanks but here we decided to put a twist on tradition and use rich and delicious pork collars in it’s place. I left the pork collars whole and tied them as to resemble a pork shank when plated. Below you’ll find our recipe. Enjoy!!
- Whole Pork Collar
- Wassi’s Classic Steak Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Chopped Carrot
- 1 Chopped Celery Stalk
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 -28oz Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- Set up Big Green Egg for direct cooking at 350 degrees
- In a large dutch oven heat the olive oil. Season the pork collars on all sides with Wassi’s Classic Steak Seasoning and thoroughly brown on all sides. After browned remove from dutch oven and let rest on a plate.
- Add the onions,carrots, and celery to the dutch oven and season with Wassi’s Classic Steak Seasoning and cook until softened and starting to brown. Add their garlic and cook a bit longer taking as to not burn the garlic.
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, herbs, and stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling remove from the Big Green Egg and let rest.
- Remove grate from your Big Green Egg and insert platesetter and set to 325 degrees.
- Once Big Green Egg reaches 325 degrees add pork collars to the dutch oven along with the other ingredients, cover and return to the Big Green Egg and cook for 3-4 hours or until pork collars are very tender.